BACK TO SCHOOL
As kids go back to school this month, drivers should be on the lookout for increased numbers of children, bicycles, and buses. Accidents can be prevented by increasing awareness on the road.
- Stop for buses with flashing lights
- Never pass a school bus on the right
- Remember that children can be unpredictable
- Allow plenty of clearance around buses and near crosswalks
- Allow 3 feet of clearance when passing bicycles
- Assume that kids may not be aware of surrounding traffic
Take extra precautions in school zones and neighborhood areas as kids return to school and always remember to be on the lookout for students hurrying on their way to and from school.
On Labor Day, Monday, September 1, 2014, there will be no regularly scheduled service. For any on-demand requests, please contact us at 888-258-7875.
FUEL SURCHARGE TO DECREASE IN AUGUST
Because of a decrease in fuel surcharges in the past month nationwide, Blue Streak’s fuel charge will decrease to 11% in August. Our fuel surcharge continues to be among the lowest in the region.
How it’s calculated: If the national average price of regular unleaded fuel* is above $1.79 during the last week of any given month, the surcharge will be in effect on the first day of the following month.
*As reported by the US Department of Energy.