BACK TO SCHOOL
As kids go back to school this month, drivers should be on the lookout for increased numbers of children, bicycles, and buses. In order to prevent accidents, always stay aware on the road.
- Stop for buses with flashing lights.
- Never pass a school bus on the right.
- Remember that children can be unpredictable.
- Allow plenty of clearance around buses and near crosswalks.
- Allow at least 3 feet of clearance when passing bicycles.
- Assume that kids may not be aware of surrounding traffic.
Take extra precautions in school zones and neighborhood areas as kids return to school.
On Labor Day, Monday, September 4, 2017, there will be no regularly scheduled service. For any on-demand requests, please contact us at 888-258-7875.
FUEL SURCHARGE TO REMAIN THE SAME IN AUGUST
Because there was no increase in fuel charges in the past month nationwide, Blue Streak’s fuel surcharge will remain at 3.5% in August. Our fuel surcharge continues to be among the lowest in the region.
How it’s calculated: If the national average price of regular unleaded fuel* is above $1.79 during the last week of any given month, the surcharge will be in effect on the first day of the following month.
*As reported by the US Department of Energy.